Frank Underwood has gone by a few titles in the first 2 seasons of the Netflix hit House Of Cards. Each step of the way Frank has proven that he’s a political mastermind that never accepts defeat and crushes anyone that stands in his way. The writing in House of Cards is amazing. For the people that follow me on Twitter (@MOXXX), you may have seen me tweet a couple of these quotes while I was watching the show. Here are my Top 10 favorite Frank Underwood quotes.
1. “Power is a lot like real estate. It’s all about location, location, location. The closer you are to the source the higher your property values.”
2. “Treading water is the same as drowning for people like you and me.”
3. “A great man once said, everything is about sex. Except sex. Sex is power.
4. “There are two kinds of pain: the sort of pain that makes you strong, or useless pain; the sort of pain that’s only suffering. I have no patience for useless things.”
5. “I’ve always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful men on their backs.”
6. “Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.”
7. “For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: hunt or be hunted.”
8. “When the tit’s that big, everybody gets in line.”
9. “I have zero tolerance for betrayal, which they will soon indelibly learn.”
10. “Such a waste of talent. He chose money over power. In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who doesn’t see the difference.”